Monday, April 6, 2009

Warnerville the un-race report

This will be a short one.I came into the race with questionable fitness after being off the bike for an extended period of time fighting off that real nasty cold, My fitness was in the dumps. My plan for the race if you can call it that was to just sit in and get through the race. If it felt like I couldn't do a Damn thing I'd try to help out in the first or so lap then just grenade it.
So looking back I burned three Matches I didn't own.

> One, Thinking that Rich N was motioning to me to bring him to the front. My bad he didn't
want that.

> Two, Thing that the group was going to power around this hill/corner, I didn't want to be too
far back when we hit the dirt. the surge didn't happen

> Three, Just picked some real bad lines through the dirt section. Moved to the middle and
couldn't get back to the shoulder and just burned up fighting the ruts.

About 100 or so feet from the end of the dirt I just blew up and couldn't close the gap and the wind began to rip the meat from my bones like a great white to a sealion. So I figured I needed the mileage and proceeded to ride the course all the while seeing my group just up the road slowing fading away. But one more lap in the 30Mph wind was all I could take, I pulled off to see how my mates would finish off this race.

After the Race I see my buddy Johnny C and asked him how he did. He pretty much had the same day as I only his was rittled with flats and not poor fitness. Since I'm off for a few days I asked him if he's up for some riding on Monday. He informs me he's racing....Monday?
Johnny C: "Ya Jimmy remember last year after Snelling?"
Oh Ya, that meant some self-loathing and punshment training ride. I'm in!

That's it until next time.

No comments: