Monday, November 23, 2009

CX weekend!

LARPD#6

Got a 10th today shoulda woulda coulda done better. Low turnout today 20 or so in the 45+ B's, guess a lot of folks went to the Cow palace and from what I heard it sounded like the place to be for the atmos.

The course was shorter,faster and in the reverse direction which on paper sounded really cool until you went through the forest. WAY bumpy! guess all the dishing out of the bumps from the previous 5 races in the other direction makes for sharper bumps when headed the other direct. I got to the front of the line up and made it with the top 5 in the holeshot. I was leading out for a part of it but should have stayed hidden and ended up blown out getting through the forest.
Not too bad as once I detached from the lead 4 or 5 I had a decent lead on the field, however today I decided today was the day that I need to go single chainring set-up.
Everytime I got over the barriers and wanted to make a shift from the small to the large chaingring it was a hit or miss event. I kept loosing time every time I tried to change ring gear. ARGH!
I ordered the single ring conversion kit from Crossworld and will be making the conversion over the T-day Holidays.
NEXT!

No comments: